HELP: ldap comes to screeching halt

    Without any changes to my ldap server, it's decided to no longer
sucessfully start slapd.  Sure, it makes the motion, but it appears to
just die upon startup and it's game-over.

    The only thing I see in the logs is a sucessful startup; there's
nothing to tell me it's died, other than the fact it doesn't work, and a
lack of a 'slapd' entry in ps.

    Anyone have any ideas?  This is SO annoying!