Re: Cannot open remote display

A. Lanza wrote:
i'm managing a server in my local network remotely using ssh. From a
graphical command terminal in my laptop i issue the following command:

	ssh -l root server1

This way, i get a command shell for server1 on my laptop screen. But,
when i want to edit a file on the server with a graphical tool, like
gedit, i get the following message:

	(gedit:5880): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

I'd like to edit the file in my laptop display. Is there any way to do
this?

I'd appreciate any help.

Try adding the -X or -Y option to your ssh command. See "man ssh" for details.

Paul.