Re: mplayer - libdvdread problem

You should also check to make sure that your mplayer config is
pointing at the right device for your lap-top.  Desktops and laptops
don't always label things exactly the same, depending on what you are
using.  I use xine, and I had to point it at the DVD because it failed
to recognize that the CD player was ALSO the DVD player.  On many
dekstops they are separate.

--andy