Re: SUID/GUID files search !

Hi,

'find' is your best friend in that case ...

Regards
 Alex

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 06:05 -0500, fly over wrote:
> Hi guys,
> i'm trying to write a script for following purpose.
>
> shell program will be used by Linux/Unix sysadmins to search for SUID/SGID files. The default directory to search is the present working directory, however, the user may include a directory name on the command line as an alternative. Also, if the user includes the argument '-R' then the search should include all subdirectories recursively. Also, the '-G' argument will include SGID files which by default are not shown. The output of the script should show the absolute pathname of the file and the owner.
>

> Please help me in performin such task.
>
> i'm trying using this line:
>
> ls -l | awk '{print $1}' | grep s
> it just prints the permissions having s bit.
>

> --
> Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
> http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm

Alexander Spanke                         System Analyst
      NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11            D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:    +49 211 5369 146           aspanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax:    +49 211 5369 199        http://www.hpce.nec.com