Swap partition size (future proofing)

I've just ordered the parts to build a new PC :)

The motherboard (Intel D865PERL) has four memory module sockets which can take
a total of 4G RAM.

I have ordered a single 1G memory module, leaving me plenty of scope to expand
the memory later if I want to.

Searching the Fedora List archive, I found various suggestions for
increasing swap space by either adding a partion if there is unused space on
the HDD or using mkswap to create a swap file in an existing partition. Hard
drive space is fairly cheap these days so I want to set it up "right first
time" so that I don't have to mess about if (when) I add more memory later.

Suggested swap partition sizes from the archives range from the same size as
the RAM to twice the size of the RAM.

Given that I'm going to start with 1G of RAM, but could (but maybe won't) end
up with 4G of RAM, I'm thinking that maybe 6G would be a sensible size for
the swap partition.

What do the members think?

Thanks,

Dave Fletcher