Re: FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

micheal wrote:
On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 11:44 +0800, Edward Yang wrote:

micheal wrote:

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 17:32 -0600, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:

James Mckenzie wrote:

However, this has nothing to do with the OPs problems with FC3 using up memory and we could take this to another thread.

I couldn't agree more... I'll make another thread titled "Linux Sun's
JVM needs improvement"

Unless I am retarded, which I might be, I think the the amount of memory
taken up by a VM is specified in the command used to start the java VM
something like -Xs512M -Xi512M come to mind, which would set the minimum
and maximum memory taken up at 512 Megs, so the amount of memory used by
the VM is configurable,  what is not however is how the garbage
collector utilizes that memory.  I cannot think of a single command on
any OS for any JM that would tell you how much of the heap was utilized.

Just my blathering

MC

I don't have those two options in jdk.config. I do find the following
options in cbulder.config:

vmparam -Xms32m
vmparam -Xmx256m

So I wonder why the JVM instance invoked by CBX takes up more than
400mb memory?