Re: Slighty OT Laptop Recommendation

Mike Hoy wrote:
i'm curently researching laptops as well.

ibm's are highly recommended, but use ATI stuff. But they have the best keyboards and the owner of Emperor Linux told me flat out that anything after a T-21 is gonna work well with Linux. He also will put LInux on your laptop for 350 bucks if it's a model that he uses in his store. His people write a special kernel just for the laptop and the distro you want. I believe he supports FC3. so if you buy a IBM t-21 or later and then have trouble you can pay them 350 bucks for an install and it comes with a recovery partition and a user's manual specific to your model and distro.

I have one of the A22p's and it is what may be the last in a long line of Thinkpads going back about ten years. I have a 600E, which was for a long time the only Thinkpad that IBM detailed RH installation.

i think the price is too high personally. But the IBM is worth it. The keyboard alone has sold me.

I agree.  I had two 760's and both had less than high quality keyboards.

How about some info on Emperor Linux? I am looking at a replacement and want Linux on it. I can look at Dells and will take your advice.

--
James McKenzie