Newb

Hello all! I'm new to linux and can't seem to find a real beginners guide anywhere, so I joined this list to see if I could get some help. I just installed FC1 and am wondering how to update it to FC3. I'm hoping that I won't have to burn the .isos and reinstall everything again. I've been on windows forever and have no real clue how to do anything in linux. It took me two hours to figure out how to run up2date. Any help/guidance will be kindly accepted.