Re: Fedora3 installation

DMWJAG@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for the message.
It is consistent but the boot image I copied is from my floppy (Red-Hat9.0) which boots up and lets me get into RH9 OK?
If I should I use another boot image, where can I get it from?
Thanks,
Dave

Gain Paolo Mureddu <gmureddu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DMWJAG@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

When I booted from my CD image, the Linux load started by asking me to hit Return or override the kernel parameters by typing type in "Linux <Params>". I hit return and it started to load then came to an error message which said "Kernel panic - no init found. Try passing init = option to kernel". Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Dave.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Is this consistent? If so, you may have a corrupted boot image in your hands.