Re: Evolution vs Kmail/Kontack Observation

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 11:47, Chadley Wilson wrote:

> Evolution downloaded the 1500 odd emails in 5 minutes while kmail downloaded
> the same (give or take about 10 mails) in 30 seconds.
>
> Is this a common observation or is there something that is not functioning
> correctly in my evolution setup?

Assuming for the moment you are using the latest FC3 the version of
evolution in FC3 uses spamassassin to scan all incoming email.  Most
likely your kmail setup is not doing any spam checking.  I expect this
is the difference.

If that is the case then the next question is can you selectively run
messages through spamassassin in the new version of evolution or is it
an all or nothing approach?

The reason I ask is that when I implemented spamassassin as a filter in
the 1.4 version of evolution I used a filter to set that up.  I found
that it greatly improved my email downloading speed by moving the
spamassassin filter after my filters for mailing lists.  I see virtually
no spam on the mailing lists so why run that through spamassassin?  :)

If the new version of evolution does not let you do that then you may
want to turn off the built in spam filtering and setup spamassassin as a
filter that you can control as I described above.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

You are taking yourself far too seriously.