Re: Could an Intel 486 wake up with FC3

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> You can't install FC on anything less than an i586 now without rebuilding
> pieces of it (no i386 kernel, for example), and it looks like FC4 will
> abandon even that.

I doubt it. Apparently at least some of the VIA CPUs that are being sold
today don't count as a 686 as far as gcc is concerned.

Incidentally, a 486SX doesn't include an FPU, and Fedora kernels (not
surprisingly) don't include emulation code. One other thing for the
Original Poster to remember.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | Please do not put sandwiches in the disk drive.
Exeter    Devon    UK |