Evolution vs Kmail/Kontack Observation

Hi guys,

I recently switched back to fedora from suse9.1

I decided to give good old gnome a bash, but using evolution I noticed that
mail retrieving took quite a long time. Well what can you expect from a super
busy list.
The question is why when I switched back to KDE does Kmail retrieve mail so
much faster.
Going out on a limb here I suppose it has some thing to do with the when and
how it sorts mail. I have the same filters in place on kmail as on evolution
and am subscribed to 16 mailing lists and 6 news groups.

So the filter I have in place are definatly not the issue, and since kmail is
noticabley faster that eliminate the fact that my server could be slow or
busy.

In my test which I conducted today I set evolution (currently my default) to
leave messages on the server.
Tonight I backup my evolution folder, I then configured my account in
evolution and kmail both set to leave messages on the server.

Evolution downloaded the 1500 odd emails in 5 minutes while kmail downloaded
the same (give or take about 10 mails) in 30 seconds.

Is this a common observation or is there something that is not functioning
correctly in my evolution setup?

TIA

Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician