Re: Problem to configure my external USB CD-burner with FC2

-----Original Message-----
From: Dellacherie Stephane <dellache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jan 31, 2005 11:29 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem to configure my external USB CD-burner with FC2

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have an external USB combo CD-RW/DVD R. Despite I have succeeded to
>>> mount my CD-Rom, I do not succeed to configure the CD-burner (see below
>>> for example what I obtain with the command line "# cdrecord -scanbus").
>>>
>>> My linux distribution is a Fedora Core 2.6.5-1.358
>>>
>>> The /etc/fstab file contains the line
>>>
>>> /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660,noauto,owner,ro 0 0
>>>

> Edit /etc/fstab to remove the ro parameter should fix the problem.

> Also, you can boot with a CD-RW disk in the system might be another
> solution.

 > James McKenzie
>No, it does not work ! Are you sure that it can not be
>due to a bug of Fedora Core 2.6.5-1.358 ?
> Is-there something else that bI could try to do to understand the problem ?

Steph:

I will connect my USB 2.0 DVD/CD-RW external drive and see what modules load up for it this evening.  I was able to use this drive to backup and restore information even with that kernel release.

What is the name of the drive you are using?  This may be why the drive is not recognized as being a cdwriter rather than a cd reader only.

--

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!