Re: Problem to configure my external USB CD-burner with FC2

Hello,

I have an external USB combo CD-RW/DVD R. Despite I have succeeded to
mount my CD-Rom, I do not succeed to configure the CD-burner (see below
for example what I obtain with the command line "# cdrecord -scanbus").

My linux distribution is a Fedora Core 2.6.5-1.358

The /etc/fstab file contains the line

/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660,noauto,owner,ro 0 0

Edit /etc/fstab to remove the ro parameter should fix the problem.

Also, you can boot with a CD-RW disk in the system might be another solution.

> James McKenzie No, it does not work ! Are you sure that it can not be due to a bug of

Fedora Core 2.6.5-1.358 ? Is-there something else that bI could try to do to understand the problem ?

Stéph