Re: core 3 hangs

----- Original Message ----- From: "solarflow 99" <solarflow99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 9:05 PM
Subject: core 3 hangs

I am having a problem booting core 3 on this 1 computer. It boots fine up to the point where it says:

Switching to a new root

and, it just sits there. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause it to hang there? low ram? I disabled selinux, and everthing else, upgraded the kernel, but it still hangs.

Thanks...

A little more info is needed. What are the specs on your system (i.e. how much memory). Has it ever worked? If so, what changed recently? How did you upgrade the kernel if it just hangs?

Please have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html, and then give us a little more to work with...

Thanks,
Thomas