What is causing my hard-drive to spin up?

I have two (2) hard drives in my FC3 box, and my second drive is as
loud as a buzz-saw. It's my "scratch" disk and I don't use it often,
so I use the hdparm command to keep it from spinning when not in use.
This method worked fine with FC2, but with FC3 something causes the
drive to spin up every 15 minutes. I've looked through my cron entries
and can't find anything. What could be causing this?

Tim