Re: LDAP address book localization

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 03:39:16AM +0300, Maxim Eremeev wrote:

The problem is, though: is there any possible way to keep, say, person names in any other encoding, besides Latin. Tried both Russian and Arabic and got errors immediately.

??? Openldap, the ldap server in Fedora, keeps internal data encoded in UTF-8. It shouldn't restrain itself to latin1. What application are you using to input your data?

Emmanuel

Using emacs actually. I think I found the solution (it is always some sort of ritual dances with Russian encodings). Thanks for the reply anyway.