Re: Pls Tell me a mirror site for downloading FC3 iso imgs

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; "Kumara" <kumara.jayaweera@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: Pls Tell me a mirror site for downloading FC3 iso imgs

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 23:31, Kumara wrote:
Hi List
I have failed more than 10 times downloading FC3 iso images. my
browser tells me "request time out" when it comes around 600MB's.
is there any method to increase this request time or do you know
any mirror site for downloading them. i'm using win XP for
downloading. please help me, I'm impatient to have FC3 in my box
TKX
Mohan

First, using XP to download an iso almost 100% guarantees it will be defective.

Rubbish. I don't know where you get that - I've downloaded literally hundreds of ISO images using Windows. I can't recall a bad download that I didn't know was bad (i.e. "connection reset by peer" or something other obvious network failure).

Your best bet is to order a cd set from someplace that
does that for not much more than the cost of the cd's and postage.
Or find a friend already running linux, and who has a burner to make
them for you.

Just get one of the many download managers like GetRight if you have a flaky Internet connection.

I swear, after all the ruckus that been raised about using windows to
download something, that M$ would fix that.  But in 15 years they
haven't.  Wouldn't want to be able to download a pirated program now
you see.

That's just silly. To think that Microsoft would be stupid enough to somehow build in an intentionally bad download mechanism to thwart the .001% of users who download "warez" is way out there in Conspiracy Theory zone.

Just one more reason to get away, as far away as you can
get, from anything M$ related.

There are countless reasons to stay away from Microsoft products. This isn't one of them. It's wild-eyed conspiracy theory silliness.

Thomas