Re: FC as network firewall.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Franco" <primo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:03 AM
Subject: FC as network firewall.

Hi, i have a PIV 2.7 Ghz with 768 MB with 2 NIC card,
can someone help me to configure it as firewall for my
public subnet?
Thanks.

While I will gladly offer you help, I think it is probably not the best plan for you to build a firewall for a publicly accessible network as your first firewall project. You should really consider reading up on the iptables and firewalling HOWTOs and test this on a lab machine first. An inexperienced user will probably make mistakes, the least results of which will be difficulty connecting to the netowork.

What is it you are trying to do?

Thomas