Re: Newby needs help

David Curry wrote:

Trevor Maranda wrote:

david walcroft wrote:

Trevor Maranda wrote:

Could someone please help me. I'm only very new to Linux and I'm running Fedora Core 3. My system is a 2500+ amd-512 mb's ram with a tnt2 graphic card. Heres the problem. I run my screen at 800x600 in size and when I try to add things in certain programs I can't because I've run out of screen space. How can I resize the window I'm working in to get to the Cancel OK buttons etc. Thanks for all the help and I apologize if this is the wrong group etc.

Cheers from
Trevor Maranda
(Mudgee NSW Australia)

Trevor
Do you still have the Vert. and Horiz. refresh rates for the monitor

  Regards   david

( being in Mudgee I guess you will have a wine for Austalia day ;-)   )

No I don't have them. Its a Viewmaster 17 inch.

You may be able to find specs for the monitor on the manufacturer's website or elsewhere through Google.

I think it's very *stupid* of FC or Linux to require end users to manually speicy the H/V refresh rates. On Windows, you never need to do that. I think there must be a *safe* default rates for all monitors. Linux developers perhaps don't know that.