Re: alternatives to the 'man' command

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

Why did this functionality desappeared in Nautilus and Yelp is beyond
me, but I surely miss having a nice broser-like GUI to navigate the man
pages... I hope they re-add the feature to yelp and/or Nautilus (or RH
writes their own... which I doubt).

yelp has some fundamental changes in the backend and the man/info page
support was not  readded. However gnome 2.10 in FC4 will likely have
this functionality since its supported as a configuration option but
disabled by default in upstream. I will ask in the devel list if
redhat is planning on enabling it or not

I really miss that functionality... Good thing to know at least FC4 will support GNOME 2.10... And judging from past releases, I'm pretty sure they will pretty much keep the same functinality the GNOME developers want to get into the DE... So I assume RH and hence FC will support them... Much as the browser stile of Nautilus in FC 2 and 3, where you had to enable that functionality in the gconf... I hope the will do the same for the man and info support in yelp.