Re: Networking advice

On Thu, 2005-20-01 at 09:52 -0500, Leonard Isham wrote:
> On my previous post:
>
> "Use a Switch capable of trunking, and a Ethernet card capable of
> trunking in the firewall to allow multiple  VLANs on one physical
> connection."
>
> Thrunking puts multiple VLANs on the same physical Ethernet cable.
> Each VLAN is a seperate subnet.

I understand this, but what I was confused about was how public IPs were
going to be assigned to those VLANs that require them.  So, the problem
has shifted from the network design to how to configure m0n0wall to do
what I want.  So far I'm a bit lost.

BTW, thanks for helping me to confirm what I've been contemplating for
the last week.  I needed it.

Regards,

Ranbir
--