Re: Text to voice -

John Wendel wrote:

Bob Goodwin wrote:

Can anyone suggest an application to convert
text to voice audio to read e-mail, etc. aloud?

Thank you.

Bob Goodwin    Zuni, Virginia

"festival" is the text-to-speech app shipped with Fedora. "man festival" has the details. It would be really nice if it was integrated with the desktop, if you get it working in a useful fashion let us know.

Regards,

John

Thanks for the guidance, someone mentioned "flite" and/or "festival," neither of which showed in my google effort? It turns out that festival is available from yum and also on disk #3 of FC-2, this distribution.

I installed festival from the FC-2 CD and now have to figure out what it is and what I can do with it.

I lost most of the sight in my right eye a couple of years ago and now I am having trouble with the left eye. I can still read text on the screen but with difficulty, making it large helps but converting it to voice might be useful at least part of the time.

Bob Goodwin