Re: Why does dovecot require mysql?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
what is bloat for you is a must have feature for many others. this is
progress. many people consider anything more featureful than fluxbox
as bloat. doesnt mean gnome can afford NOT to add features to stay
competitive.

The only problem I have with this, is that Windows XP is running about four to five times *faster* on my old laptop, than FC3 with GNOME.

From the moment I power up my laptop, it takes about two minutes to get to Windows login prompt. It takes almost 10 to get to GNOME login prompt. I usually go make myself cup of coffe when I plan to boot FC3 on it. When I login, Windows is about two times faster to get me to the desktop than GNOME. Running thunderbird and firefox under Windows is usable. Running them under FC3/GNOME, well let call it usable, but so much slower (good thing I made myself that cup of coffe).

I wouldn't call this a progress. Something to think about next time more bloat is added.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited