networking between fedora and macos

I took the plunge and bought a PowerBook. Now I'm wondering how to most easily get my Fedora laptop and my new Mac laptop connected via network so I can transfer files from the linux machine to the Mac one (emails, school stuff, etc.).

My situation:

1. laptop running Fedora Core 2
2. laptop running Mac OS X 10.3.7
3. Lynksys wireless broadband router

Both laptops are connected and working fine with the router (both wirelessly). I can use the new Mac laptop to access httpd (apache) running on the Fedora laptop and to update a MySQL database on the Fedora laptop with a web/php-based interface I have set up on the Fedora laptop. So the connections are fine.

Now, what is the simplest way to actually "network" the two machines? Samba? (I hope not, since setting it up would not be what I'd call "simple".) Something easier?

--
Trevor Smith
trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx