Re: gimp help

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 21:45, Shawn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've only used gimp a little bit but need to teach an autistic child to
> not run into the street and other things.
>
> To do that, I need to take pictures and then super-impose a basic no
> sign (like you see for no-smoking) over it.
>
> Any suggestions for how to do that.  I am going through the gimp help
> browser now but have basically no idea.  I _really_ appreciate it.

I would recommend spending a little time going through the tutorials at
the sites below.  I found them very helpful to get a feel for how to do
things with gimp.

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
http://empyrean.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/~nem/gimp/tuts/
http://gimp-savvy.com/
http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials

gimp is a very good tool.  Have used it to touch up some old photos I
scanned, removing crease marks and tears.  Worked very well.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

What's the matter with the world?  Why, there ain't but one thing wrong
with every one of us -- and that's "selfishness."
		-- The Best of Will Rogers