FC3: Metacity and binding Internet/Application Keys

Hi, I am using Fedora Core 3 and Metacity 2.8.6 with an HP keyboard
that has eight "Internet/Application" keys at the top. When I was
using RHL 9 I could bind these to Metacity keybinding_commands to do
various things, like open a new terminal window. Now, however, I can
assign these keys to some things that are settable in
gnome-keybinding-properties, like "Launch web browser" but not others
like "Switch to workspace 4" and certainly not the run_command_2,
etc. in gconf-editor. Using gnome-keybinding-properties it reports
that the names of the keys are:

0x99 0xe9 0xa6 0xea 0x9e 0x9f 0x97 0xec

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. All help will be
appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Michael Hoffman <hoffman@xxxxxxxxx>