Re: mouse/kvm problems

Ray Curtis wrote:

Thomas Taylor said the following on 01/09/2005 06:46 PM:

On Sunday 09 January 2005 15:07, Don Woodward wrote:

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 12:22 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:

Try replacing bare with imp.  That seems to keep at least the third
button support and possibly the wheel.

----
do you mean?
psmouse.proto=imps
or
psmouse.proto=imp
as opposed to what I have?
psmouse.proto=bare

Craig

Sorry, I think it should be psmouse.proto=imps

---
I will try when I reboot to new kernel. I currently have a lot of
xterm's open that I don't want to lose at the moment

Craig

I tried "proto=imps" on mine and the mouse wheel works but the erratic
behavior when switching with my Belkin switch still exists - I went back
to "proto=bare".

Don Woodward

Hi all:

Well, I've tried both of the "psmouse.proto" options and neither worked with my Belkin SOHO kvm 4 port and the new Logitech cordless mouse. It worked okay with the corded mouse but not the cordless for some reason. So now I'm using two mice, one for FC3 (with cord) and the cordless for RH7.3 and winblows2K.

Has anyone switched from Belkin to another kvm that they would recommend?

Tom

Had the same problem with that Belkin SOHO and switched to a Avocent SwitchView which works perfectly.

I had similar issues with the SOHO, and just moved up to Blekins higher models (PRO2 F1DA108T). And everything works great.
Chris

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.6.9 - Release Date: 1/6/2005