Re: mouse/kvm problems

Don Woodward wrote:
On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 12:22 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:

Try replacing bare with imp.  That seems to keep at least the third
button support and possibly the wheel.

---- do you mean? psmouse.proto=imps or psmouse.proto=imp as opposed to what I have? psmouse.proto=bare

Craig

Sorry, I think it should be psmouse.proto=imps

--- I will try when I reboot to new kernel. I currently have a lot of xterm's open that I don't want to lose at the moment

Craig

I tried "proto=imps" on mine and the mouse wheel works but the erratic
behavior when switching with my Belkin switch still exists - I went back
to "proto=bare".

Don Woodward

You might try adding this ption to grub.conf psmouse.resetafter=3

I remember this option being passed on for some problem. It might have been kvm. I cannot recall the specific issue.
Anyway, this particular option was passed onto me for another problem and the option lessens the problems that I was having. It might be worth a try.

Jim
--
I sometimes think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.
-- Oscar Wilde