Re: disk # 2 iso for i386

C. Linus Hicks wrote:

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 19:05 -0500, dmitrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've downloaded and burned to cd the disk2 iso for the 386 install, but the media check has failed 3 times.
Any idea what might be wrong? the first disk passes the test.

When you download the isos, also get the MD5SUM files. When your download completes, verify that the download gave you an uncorrupted file using the MD5SUM for each disk before you burn it. After you burn the CDs, verify them against the iso images, or use the MD5SUM again.

If you follow these steps, you then know the CDs you burned have an
accurate copy.

I've found that burning a too high a speed can cause bad images. I burn my ISO's at no higher than 8X. I know it sounds slow, but it seems to always work for me.

--
Joe Carsto
Murfreesboro, TN USA