SOLVED: Re: FC3 Installation Woes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike McMullen" <mlm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 11:35 AM
Subject: FC3 Installation Woes

Hi All,

I just installed FC3 on a Soyo MB. The installation seemed to go fine.

On the reboot after the installation, I get the the message "Initializing hardware...".
That seems to go ok. Right after that I get "Configuring kernel parameters...".

The system hangs at that point. I let it sit for several minutes with no change. The
only way to regain control is to power cycle it.

Any ideas on what is going on here and better how to get past it?

Thanks!

Mike

Doh! I removed rghb from the boot command and all is well now. Except for
X not coming up but I'll wade through that.

Mike