From: James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jan 8, 2005 11:17 PM
To: Oliver Mentz <oliver.mentz@xxxxxxxxx>,
	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: disk # 2 iso for i386

Oliver Mentz wrote:
> try calculateing the md5sum of the second disks iso file and compare
> that with the one that the mirror you downloaded it from lists. If
> they Match then its not the download file and maybe try reburning the
> cd. if they are different try redownloading the second disks iso.

Ollie:

Alex pointed out a known undocumented feature of FC3, that the ide-cd
subsystem is broken when running the mediacheck program with DMA access
enabled.  The way to get around this is to type in linux ide=nodma when
installing.  If you do not run mediacheck, the installation completes
without error (in most cases).  The problem usually is not a bad
download of the ISO disk image file.

--
James McKenzie