Re: SMTP Authentication against database on separate POP/IMAP host

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am So, den 09.01.2005 schrieb Paul R. Ganci um 16:32:

Current MTAs use SASLv2 for authentication checks. So on the SMTP server
- unfortunately you did not give any details about it - use the
saslauthd, configured to use rimap as MECH and authentication against
your IMAP server. See "man saslauthd" for details.

Thanks Alexander. This is exactly what I want to do. I am running Sendmail 8.13.1 and have used SASL on the same system as the PAM database. For some reason I put in my head I had to duplicate that database to authenticate locally. I realize now that I was asking the wrong questions when I did my Google searches. This solution should have been obivous ... too many late nights I guess.

--
Paul (ganci@xxxxxxxxxx)