RE: Building kernel from scratch

This has already been done. I wouldn't Fedora for this purpose anyways. Checkout DistroWatch. They have multiple listings for firewall/router distro's which already have been hardened/optimized for network traffic...

-Don

From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phil Brooks (Brooks Computer Solutions)
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:37 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Building kernel from scratch

Ok so I want to create a router with as little amount of space used up as posible including PPTD and Firewall.

I've got a sneaking suspision that when you install FC1 even if you use the custom options lots of unwanted programs get compiled into the kernel. Is it posible to cutdown the amount of unwanted programs which a compiled to kind of like streamline the kernel.

Once you have stream lined the kernel who do you create like a boot partion to boot the kernel?

Or am I completly on the wrong track and need shooting?

Regards,

Phil

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.