Re: k3b and glibc fault

Markus Huber wrote:
I have a problem which occurs on my desktop but not on my notebook.

When I start k3b I get the following message:

[markus@FC3 ~]$ k3b
kbuildsycoca running...
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x09367268 ***
Der Wecker klingelt

The first part is generated by glibc. It means the program has memory handling problems and corrupted memory. The default action is to terminate the process using SIGABRT. It seems the program intercepted the signal and did something else which resulted in a SIGALRM. You can probably ignore this, so, find the memory corruption.

Try running the code under valgrind. If this doesn't work you'll have to run the program under gdb or look at the core file with gdb and see which memory blocks are affected. The track down where this memory is modified.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â