Re: FC3-i386-disc2.iso

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:00:35 -0800
From: Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FC3-i386-disc2.iso
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Ben.

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 01:47, James Mckenzie wrote:

> >Group
> >
> >I am having trouble downloading a valid disc 2 ISO image. When I use

> the >media check that comes with the install package, it returns a
> FAIL. I am able >to download disk images 1,3, and 4 that pass that
> PASS the media check >utility. I have tried downloading the image from
> the redhat site and mirrors; I >have also tried burning the image with
> 2 separate burners and burning >software.

> on the web >page.
> > Either the file has been modified (hacked) or did not download
> correctly.
>

> >Any Ideas ?

Try downloading the ISO file and checking the md5sum before you burn the ISO image. That will help you rule out download vs. CD burning problems. If the downloaded file is corrupted, the CD will certainly be bad.

I assume you know what you need to burn a good CD, because you were successful with the other images. But, if your download is good, search the archives about booting with 'ide=nodma' as a boot option. I found that even though CD#2 was good, it would fail mediacheck without turning off DMA access to the CD drive. I don't know the details, but the archives will tell the story.

It is possible that you have good CDs after all, check at each step to make sure. Good luck. Erik