Re: Firefox 32bit on FC3 AMD 64

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:46:59 -0500, Frank I. Reiter <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Try unistalling the version from the installer and install the rpm with:
> >yum install firefox.i386
> >
> >Maybe that will work better for you.  It seems to work just fine for
> >me.  Flash and Java work too.
> >

> That command gets me:
>
>     No Match for argument firefox.i386
>     Nothing to do
>
> Do I need to configure yum to look in 386 repositories?
>
> Frank.

I don't think so.  Make sure you have the x86_64 version uninstalled
"yum remove firefox"  It seems that I got a similar error when I tried
to install the i386 version along with the x86_64 one.  If it still
doesn't work, you can always grab it from a repository, for instance:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/

Jonathan