Re: yum horror

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 09:22:30AM -0700, Robin Laing wrote:
> Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
> >Axel Thimm wrote:
>

> >Hmm... I'm using apt-get and I've had the same troubles with the
> >.at-packages
> >smartpm did solve it - to a certain extent - but right now I'm
> >downgrading from .at-packages to packages more easy-going on my system.
> >It may be the spoon which is the problem, but if all spoons are
> >broken,the soup may be too strongly flavoured :P  (sorry for that one)
> >
> >/Herkild
> >

> This shows that the issue is with the .at packages, not YUM.  The
> issues were with FC1 and continue with FC3.

Makes me wonder how > 10.000 apt users daily have no issues with the
same set of packages ...

apt seems to be a pretty solid spoon I guess ;)

The yum bugs are known, reported on various bugzilla's including
ATrpms and Red Hat, and there was an upstream yum release to resolve
some of them. What more do you need to believe this are (or were if
you upgraded yum to updates-testing) yum bugs?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net