Re: Accessing hosted domains inside a LAN

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 02:11:46AM -0700, Fedora mailing list wrote:
> I have a FC3 machine using Apache to virtual-host several domains, all
> of which works fine from any machine other than those on the same LAN
> as the webserver. Entering?the URL of any of the hosted domains on a
> browser on the LAN produces the standard page-not-found error screen.
> My question is - does anyone know how to enable LAN machines to browse
> these domains normally?

Are you using named-based virtual hosts?  If so, you should set up a
split DNS in Bind 9 where internal hosts are given the internal IP
addresses of the servers, and external hosts are given the external
addresses.  My guess is that your internal hosts are trying to go out
your firewall and back in again.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA