How to Set Workspace in Session Startup of OpenOffice.org, Firefox, Thunderbird

I want my session to include OpenOffice.org on one workspace, Firefox on
another, and Thunderbird on yet another. Unfortunately, gnome-session
says "these windows do not support 'save current setup'...". I was still
able to add them to my session through the "Startup Programs" tab in
gnome-session, but I see no way to specify the workspace to start in.

Is there a way, with the programs included with Fedora Core 3, to start
these applications on a specific workspace. I assumed there was a cli
program to set the workspace, but found none.