Re: Firefox 32bit on FC3 AMD 64

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:46:39 -0500, Frank <FIR@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Because there is no flash player for the 64 bit Firefox included in the
> amd64 FC3, I uninstalled the firefox rpm and installed firefox from the
> mozilla site.  Before I ran it I nuked the contents of the extensions
> directory (in my personal .mozilla), reasoning that it may contain 64
> bit extensions.
>
> Firefox is running fine except that it won't install plugins.  I've gone
> through the install process for two different extensiosn (googlebar and
> web developer) and they both show as "will be installed when you restart
> firefox."  The problem is that I have restarted.  I've even rebooted.
> They are stuck in that state.
>
> I've run firefox from the command line and there are no error messages.
>
> Any idea how to fix this?
>
> Frank.

Hmm, now that was interesting.  I just tried installing several
extensions at once.  That did not work so well.  I got the same
response as you, after closing and re-starting firefox, the extensions
still said they would be installed when firefox was re-started.
Uninstalling all but one extension yet to be installed and then
restarting did the trick.  Maybe it doesn't like installing multiple
extensions at once.  Try uninstalling one and restarting firefox, then
installing the other.

Jonathan