Re: yum horror

On Thursday 30 December 2004 18:48, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>     There's been many an argument over what is, and is not needed to fix
> that repo, and I've been right where you are...which is why I just don't
> use it anymore.  Google the wars and rumors of wars...but don't bother.

I hope not using it is not the fix :-)

Anyways, I've managed to install most things I want from ATrpms. It's just
that it does take a lot of time to do this (yum won't do it, so have to look
for the dependencies myself).
Anyways, compiling myself is also not really an option as it would take even
more time so I'll be installing things with yum package by package instead of
having yum finding the dependencies. Updates seem to work fine, if that's not
the case than I'm back to quare one and will compile everything myself again.

Anyways, this is something that needs to be fixed.

Regards,
Marcel