Re: network printer

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 07:23, adel.essafi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hi list
> I have a network printer. I know its mac adress. with its CD , they give a
> tool that permits to give it an IP.
> is there such tool with linux.
> thank you

It might help everyone if you provide the make and model of the printer.

Most network capable printers should provide a way to configure them
from the front panel.  It may print out a test page that has the IP
address it is set to (if it is preset or has one via DHCP).

The installation instructions may also help.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction
listen to weather forecasts and economists?
		-- Kelvin Throop III