Re: squirrelmail does not send mail out in fc3?

>> Also, "Francisco Penaranda" <francisco.penaranda@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said this
>> morning that his squirrelmail works:
>>
>> we have the same problem in the job, but when we finish configuring the
>> iptables the problem was solved, try stoping the iptables service for a
>> moment and check if it works.
>>
>> I wonder if he uses sendmail or smtp.
>>
>> Hongwei Li
>
> I work with Francisco. He means we HAD this problem, we have not the
> problem anymore. Our approach was to enable imap port on iptables for lo
> interface. But your problems seems to raise from selinux. Have you tried
> this?
>
> # echo "0" > /selinux/enforce

After running the above echo..., squirrelmail works normally.  Then, I
change the config for squirrelmail, select smtp, and reboot the system, it
is working now.  So, it is selinux issue.

Thanks for all people's help!

Another question: what else will selinux affect?  What are the advantages
of using selinux?  How to configure/disable/enable it (not like running
the above command manually)?

Thanks!

Hongwei Li