Re: SATA support in Fedora core

SATHRUGHNA KUMAR wrote:
Hi,
I tried installing RHLinux 9.0 on my system which has latest Seagate harddrive with SATA technology. The installation does not proceed further after some initial steps and reports that there are no hard discs attached to my system.
Would it help to try installing Fedora Core 3 for my system. It has Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT support.

RH9 doesn't have SATA support "out-of-the-box" (too old kernel version). FC3 has support for SATA controller and disks, and it should recognize your drives during the boot. If you'd rather have RH9 instead of FC3, configure your SATA controler to emulate old parallel IDE in BIOS, and RH9 should see them through this emulation.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited