Re: DNS problem

>Do you use DHCP to get your network information?

DHCP is pretty much required for using WiFi modems in public locations. Yes, I use DHCP.

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker@xxxxxxxxx
Web Journal: http://lloyd_hayes.bravejournal.com/

Skylar Thompson wrote:

lloyd545220-trucker@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I finally got the internet working with FC3 computer.
Now I'm getting errors about the wrong DNS and Gnome
not working properly.

I'm a truck driver and Internet access through
multipule locations through a WiFi PCMCIA card and the
Ndiswarapper. Right now, it is through the Flying-J. I
notice the search path on the DNS screen of the
netwerk configuration shows "localhost.localdomain".
Search Path "flyingj.com". DNS:"10.1.24.14". Secondary DNS: 10.1.24.41"
The "Host" screen shows nothing.

Yesterday was the 1st time that I had gotten l Linux
system hooked into the Internet. I figure that I must
have answered one of the configure questions wrong.
How do I correct this?

Do you use DHCP to get your network information?