boot parition for software raid?

Hi

I want to setup software RAID 1 on Core 3 but am unsure of how to handle the boot partition. Does the /boot patition have to be on a single disk rather than a raid device? If so, I guess I have problems if this disk fails. What would be the best way of setting up a RAID 1 configuration to achieve fault tolerance on the boot partition?

kind regards

Jon