Re: Sendmail: Domain of sender address does not exist

Am Do, den 30.12.2004 schrieb Jeroen Lankheet um 9:34:

> It's working now.
> For those who want to know; the access table required a RELAY for
> lankheet.com, the local domain

Sorry, no - this can't be the case. If lankheet.com is a local domain no
relay entry in the access_db is needed. Aren't we speaking about mail
sending? You are sending from the Sendmail host itself or through it
(acting as a relay)? If first, then 100% you have a misconfiguration. If
last, then the error should be "Relaying denied" and not "sender address
does not exist". This too indicates a DNS/Sendmail misconfiguration.

> This was for some reason not required in the sendmail that came with FC1.

And not now required.

> Jeroen.

All local domain names must be stored in local-host-names. Else Sendmail
does not know that a domain is a local one. A relay entry is only needed
for non local domain names which you want A) relay to (i.e. because you
have a front MX and a back MX - relaying and using mailertable then) a
specific domain or B) mail from specific domain users (i.e. in house
relaying for all office members).

echo '$=w' | /usr/lib/sendmail -bt

That lists all domain names in class {w}. All your local domains must be
in there. Be aware that keet.lankheet.com is not the same as
lankheet.com for Sendmail!

I bet you still have a DNS <--> Sendmail misconfiguration problem.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 11:06:58 up 7 days, 12:51, load average: 0.33, 0.36, 0.29