Re: Nautilus script menu in FC3

I had a similar problem sone weeks ago.

I had several scripts in the right place, and I got them appear again only after a slight modification: I removed the first line, the usual "#!/bin/sh", and changed the permission to rwxrw-r--. Since my script were also organized in directories, I changed the the permissions on them to drwxrwxr-x.

Try just the first change, to start: the second is somewhat magical, because the script were already executable, why they should be world readable and group writable?

Best regards.

Motor wrote:
Hi,

After an upgrade from FC2 to FC3 (using the CDs and Anaconda), I no longer
see the "Script" menu when right-clicking a file in Nautilus. I have a
.gnome2/nautilus-scripts directory and it contains several scripts... all
of which are marked executable.

What has changed? Is there a gconf-key for enabling/disabling the scripts
menu. What else controls the existence of the menu?

-- Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D. ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico Viale Castro Pretorio 105, Rome - ITALY Tel. +39064989509, Fax +39064059302