USB uhci-hcd lockup with KVM and USB keyboard

I have a FC3 system (kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3)  that uses a USB keyboard
and USB mouse.  It gets into a spell where the boot will hang in
rc.sysinit when running loadkeys ("Loading default keymap (us):").  I
should note that periodically the boot will get beyond that, in which
case the system, keyboard, and all USB devices work flawlessly until I
reboot again; but it appears to be at random when it works.

After many rounds of using the rescue CD and hacking the rc.sysinit
and setting my BOOTUP to verbose, I've since deteremined that the
problem appears to be with the uhci-hcd module.  The USB keyboard
works perfectly fine until the moment that module is loaded, after
which the keyboard doesn't work.

I'm now suspecting a USB KVM device which sits between the
keyboard/mouse and the host USB adapter.  Plugging the keyboard and
mouse directly into the USB port without the KVM gets rid of the
problem.

My KVM is an IO Gear KVM, model GSC632U.  The USB device signature of
the KVM actually appears as,

  Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0557:7000 ATEN International Co., Ltd
  bDeviceClass            9 Hub
  bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x0557 ATEN International Co., Ltd
  idProduct          0x7000

Has anyone else experienced problems with a USB keyboard in
combination with a USB KVM?   My USB host adapter is built into the
motherboad, an Asus K7V running BIOS rev 1007.  The keyboard, mouse,
and KVM are the only USB devices on that USB bus.

How can I get more diagnostic information about what's locking up the
uchi-hcd module?

--
Deron Meranda